The M & S Committee was formed to attract new people and have them become members of the DCLA. Our aim is to provide value by creating a sense of community; recognizing that our members have a strong interest in learning, coming together and being a part of something important.
Our primary purposes are:
- To build and maintain our membership of permanent and seasonal residents to welcome new members and to manage all aspects of our membership database.
- To organize and coordinate educational opportunities, social events, sale of DCLA items and orchestrate an annual social event that coincides with our AGM.
The M & S Committee meets monthly and always welcomes new members. There is lots to do!
For the upcoming year (until September 2021), we plan on the following:
- Conduct a membership survey to determine needs and interests of our members
- Set up a Facebook group if this is determined to be a benefit
- Streamline new member welcome procedure to include welcome package
- Overhaul website to make it more user friendly and inviting for members and potential members
- Analyze where our members are on the lakes and use this information to target non-member areas
- Develop the concept of road stewards whereby all the lanes and roads have a dedicated DCLA member who is a resource for their community
- Coordinate three virtual educational opportunities
- Coordinate two outdoor winter events; skating and Winterfest; weather permitting
- Coordinate a covid compliant outdoor event at the Upper Brewer’s Locks in the spring
- Conduct a tree sale
- Coordinate an annual social gathering around the AGM