The DCLA is an active association with many events and initiatives underway. Being a volunteer is important to the success of the association. You can volunteer at an event, become part of a committee, think of ideas for fundraising or take on a project behind the scenes. Every member can be a volunteer in a way that works for you!
- Water Quality Committee
- water sampling, advocacy, research and education
- Membership & Social Committee
- surveys, activities, events, retention and recruitment of members
- Wildlife Group
- research, education and initiatives to support species at risk
We hope you will consider joining one of our teams! Contact Kari Galasso at [email protected] for more information.
Immediate Volunteer Opportunities:
- DCLA Road Ambassador
- This concept is currently being developed and would eventually have each of the lanes and roads around the lakes have a Steward to welcome new residents, answer questions, promote events and generate interest in their community.
- Local Business Resource
- The Association maintains an informal list of businesses on our website. This position would manage the list in order to make sure it is accurate and relevant. Ideally, the list would be refreshed on a quarterly basis.
- Content Creator
- Our website needs content for our pages related to hiking, fishing, and boating in the area. We require people interested in any of these activities to write articles that can be posted to our website and shared with the community.